Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's mocking me!

I've mocked up a quick 3d of my design concept. As I said before, I'm going to use easily obtainable budget priced components whenever possible. I plan to use MDF which I will seal with paint, glass, Plexiglas, aluminum and steel angle. I can get most of the construction materials from Home Depot or a local plastic supplier. I'll break down the materials as I build. I've started collecting what I'll need so I can begin building soon.


Until then here are some more screen shots of the design. This was just a quick mock up so the sizes are approximate. I'll work out the exact dimensions as I build.











2 comments:

  1. Nice Job.

    Take a look at this - http://www.tuwien.ac.at/aktuelles/news_detail/article/7007/

    ReplyDelete
  2. RichRap,
    The Micro printer looks really cool. It seems like the same basic idea but micro sized. The only drawback I can see is the small build envelope. I'm working on an envelope of 4"x6"x8" (100mm x 155mm x 205mm).

    ReplyDelete