Thursday, August 27, 2015

New and Improved (or at least it will be)

Well I've decided to start work on the V2.0. There are several improvements that I want to make.

The first thing I'm going to do is get an Arduino controller. This will simplify my software workflow by letting me use the Creation Workshop software. With Creation Workshop I will be able to add supports and slice then run the printer directly from my PC. My previous workflow was a royal PITA and one of the main reasons that I put the project on the back burner for so long.

I also want to improve the vat to one that uses a stretched Teflon film. I have seen others get excellent results with this and it is much easier to replace than the Sylgard coating I was using. I will have to re engineer the vat.

Lastly, when I built the first one my only concerns were that it be inexpensive and that it work. Unfortunately, it is not compact or attractive. I'm going to have to give some thought to reducing the footprint on my workbench. That real estate is just too valuable. If I can make it more aesthetically pleasing in the process, all the better.

I've ordered the Arduino controller and I'll start thinking on how I can make it smaller.

Stay tuned for updates.


  1. I think the admin of this website is really working hard in support of his site, since here
    every stuff is quality based material.